Author Topic: manage.php not working  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Ecce

• Kentallen weather
manage.php not working
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
My manage.php page seems blank(ish) am running it from the website and it's version version 1.2 - 2013-04-30 - thought/ideas?

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
Re: manage.php not working
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
Hi Ecce,
I tried to take a look but the page is password protected. I dont actually use the manage page myself but the backgrounds etc seem to be working ok when hitting the password step.

I dont know whats supposed to happen after that.

Andy

Offline Ecce

• Kentallen weather
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:36:18 PM »
Thanks for taking a look Andy.

I belive it runs a script to check for updates etc. I think it looks at the web pages and pc pages. Cumulus doesn't run on my laptop and when I to the Cumulus pc I got more info from the manage.php page but like you, probably won't use it.

If your interested in taking a peak the (current) pw is cumulus. (good to see you didn't upload your manage.php page).

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
Ecce,
I think this is a problem with the hosting site (and mine as well).

I downloaded the WB2 template and installed the files on my local webserver. ( I use a Raspberry Pi with Apache for testing changes to my templates before uploading them). All works fine here, I can see the file versions etc.

I then uploaded the exact same files to my hosted website. I see exactly the same as you do on yours, basically very little.

I am thinking that the hosting service is most likely blocking something in a firewall to prevent it running off to a 3rd party website and downloading information / files.

As I said, I do not use the manage file. My website started with a WB2 template then I got the bug and decided I wanted to change a few things here and there so learnt about php and also asked Jacques a lot of questions.

So after nearly 3 years it is what you see now, the basis is the WB2 template but with some (ok, quite a few) changes here and there.

A great and interesting hobby.

Andy

http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/weather

Offline Ecce

• Kentallen weather
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 02:46:50 PM »
lol, I'd call it extensive modding to the WB2 template Andy, you've done some good stuff.

Yup, probably a server/permission issue but am not planning on using manage.php and will most likely spot upgrades from Jaques as I'm quite often here right now. I'm a little rusty with php but might dip my toes in and interested in the threads on sql (not read it all yet).

For now I'll stick to sorting out the little niggles ;)

Just for fun have you seen www.mullweather.co.uk/windyty.php - it's a cool app.

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:13:59 AM »
Hi Ecce,
I took a look at your wind link. I use something similar on my wind page but its from null.earthschool.net.

Rather than being able to navigate around like yours I put a "mask" on top of mine to stop people clicking but its basically just an iframe which links out to the external site.

I took different overlays and then added some buttons with a link to get there and then wrote a little piece of jquery (a first for me) to change the coloured scale so its relevant to the image being looked at.

http://midlifedad.me.uk/weather/wind.php

All good fun :-)

Andy