Author Topic: New station in Devon, UK  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Terry

• cullompton weather
New station in Devon, UK
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
I received an Oregon WMR88 as a Christmas gift and finally got it installed last weekend. It has been a great incentive to get a website up and running (thanks to Cumulus and the terrific "Weather by You" templates) as well as making a start on learning some html & css coding.

My site url: http://www.brookhouse.me.uk/Weather/

Offline shapka

• fordies place
Re: New station in Devon, UK
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08:29 AM »

Hi terry.

I'm a newbie to all this, I just about got my head round setting up a web site, I had a look at yours and I  see that that u have personalise it
how did u do that for example how did u do the local time clock

wud appreciate ur help, tried to read the documentation on coding and it was all gobble de gook  to me

tks

Offline Terry

• cullompton weather
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:51:18 AM »
Hi Shapka,

To get the clock to show your local time, you need to edit the clockp.js file, which can be found in the folder:
Weather_Blues_v1_1\Internet\js\clockp.js

Line #13 of that file (as downloaded) reads: var mytimezone = -5; ..... you need to change the '-5' to '0' to show UK (GMT) time, save the file and upload the edited version to your site, replacing the one that's there now.

To change the text at the side of the clock to show your location, you need to edit:
......\web\indexT.htm
... the lines to edit are #352 & #353
After saving this edited file, to see your changes, you need to force Cumulus to do an update, i.e. Cumulus --> File --> Web Update

Also worth editing is the '\Weather_Blues_v1_1\web\infos.htm' file to show information relevant to your station on the 'About' page of your site.

Note: do NOT use 'Word' or 'Wordpad' for editing the files - you can use 'Notepad', but a much better editor is Notepad++ (it shows line numbers) - it's free and you can get it from:
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.5.4.html

Hope this helps,

Terry

Offline shapka

• fordies place
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »

Tks a lot Terry

A very clear explaination of what to do. even a dumb sod like me shud be able to carry this out

Tks agn