General Category > All English messages transfered from meteoduquebec.com

MDQ Blues Eng V1

(1/8) > >>

uncle_bob:
I've got a few questions that I'll post here if I may, and I'll added to it as more pop up :)
First one :)
How do I change it so the local clock so it actually shows the local time? (I've managed to change the text)

Mr.Meteo:
Hi Uncle_Bob,

First, welcome at my home (site) in St-Ours, Quebec, Canada... as you already know (in template clock).

To be a little "teacher" in my template, I've let the clock as it was created. By that fact you have to put hands in the mud and learn a few! The trick is fairly simple, for clock, you have 2 .js file in folder js :
 - clockt.js
 - clockp.js ("P" for parameters)

You edit clockp.js, it's really simple, you'll find inside 14 parameters with clear names. The one that interest you is mytimezone. Actually, it's set for Montréal, Quebec, Canada (-5). You just have to change it with number corresponding to your timezone!

As simple as that!

Your friend,
Jacques

uncle_bob:
Thanks my friend, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: Done! Note though, I had to change DST to 1 ;)
Double edit: To be clear for others, this "js" folder is in the js folder on your web server.

uncle_bob:
Next thing I've got to do is change the images on the "About page" with the Google one looking a little difficult :)

Mr.Meteo:
Hi Bob,

In good template there is always a few little thing to understand to become better in "Webmastering". :D

For your personal map, you go on Google maps, locating adress you want. Adapt zoom as you wish, to show farther or closer to your coordinates. Then locate on map a piece of chain representing "link". By clicking on it, Google will open a window offering you shorted link or a complete link.

That longest link is supposed to start with something like <iframe width="450px"...
Copy the entire link, and replace link in infos.htm page. Take care, Google offer a bigger frame then what you need... Keep size from template.

If you want a pinpoint, you have to "name" an exact (precise) complete adress (Google adress).

I know that Google have different "look", depend on country... I hope that these guidance apply to you.

Friendly tours,
Jacques

Ps is your name Bob?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version