Author Topic: New Moon Phase Images for WB2_2b  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
Re: New Moon Phase Images for WB2_2b
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 03:01:23 AM »
Hi Steve,
Have the files so will take a look. Will be after work as have a busy day lined up today.

Can you also send the image pan_nightlong.png. It seems to have disappeared from the site and I cant download it.

Thanks
Andy

Offline Steve Bannister

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 05:31:46 AM »
Hi Andy,

No problem, I'll attach it here as well as pan_long which is the template for these panels.

I appreciate you taking a look, but there's honestly no rush.

Thanks, Andy.

Steve

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »
Hi Steve,
OK, try the attached styles.css and nightsky.php. Please make sure you copy or rename your old files just in case...

I gave you some bad code last night, apologies, there was an extra " in one of the lines. Always amazes me how a missing ; or " or ) really messes things up. As for the changes here I decided to "draw a line" as they say under where the RH and LH columns finished and started again, I just found it easier rather than trying to muddle my way through it. I hope this is what you were looking for.

As for using Cumulus MX, take a look at my site, particularly the gauges and trends sections which I think are much better than Cumulus 1. I have a WB_2 version available, and we can incorporate your new pages. I will PM you with an "offer".

My site is at http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/weather

You now have me looking at adding these "astronomy" sections to my site as well.

Let me know how you get on. Look forward to visiting your site and seeing it in action.

If there is anything else, just ask.

Have fun.

Andy

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:25 AM »
Hi Steve,
I see you have the new nightsky page uploaded but it does not appear to be picking up the new styles.css file I sent. When I look at styles.css file in use for the page it doesnt have the new div's / classes I created, so its not been formatted correctly.

Andy

Offline Andy9164

• Midlifedad
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 11:26:14 AM »
May owe you another apology, unless you changed something. Was just doing something on my website and had the same problem where I was viewing the CSS file and it looked like the old one. Cleared my browser cache and it corrected mine and yours. Yours now seems to display as it was designed. Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

Andy

Offline Steve Bannister

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 02:52:10 AM »
Hi Andy,

Your page works perfectly, thank you so much. I love it, it's exactly what I was looking for.

The cache issue is a pain, I was having to clear it so often last week after even small changes to the pages. It gets frustrating.

I wanted to add the astronomy pages so that the kids at school can use them as they link in with our science lessons. Plus, being semi-rural, we have a few stargazers in the town who would also appreciate them. I've found a nicer page to embed for a 'view' of the current sky, but it'll mean losing the right-hand column as it's more landscape (as it should be).

I'm intrigued as to your 'offer'? Tell me more.

Steve