Author Topic: Joomla compatable??  (Read 1928 times)

Offline n8bmb

• N8BMB
Joomla compatable??
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:35 PM »
Is Weather Blues V2 template compatable with Joomla! at all?  If so, how do I get it to work?  If not, is there a Joomla! compatable template available? Am running Joomla! 2.5 and server is running php v5.3.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Dennis

Offline Mr.Meteo

• Administrator
    • http://www.meteostours.ca
Re: Joomla compatable??
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »
Hi Dennis,

I have no experience with Joomla, so I can't help you in any way!
(And since I don't have Joomla, it's not plan for it)

Regards,
Jacques
Please, consider supporting this site 

Offline n8bmb

• N8BMB
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Just a thought...........

Since you already have the format (.php) and the coding, it seems that it should be a fairly simple order to put this into a template that would work with Joomla!, although I am not sure how this might be done.

I don't know anything about their system other than it is free and open-source, but one would think making this a workable thing should be able to be done.  :)

Dennis

Offline uncle_bob

• Conder Weather, Canberra
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
Are you running Joomla locally or on a hosted box?

From a quick sqiz at the documentation, it looks like any other web server and runs php, It should just be as simple as uploading/copying the template to the webserver and setting Cumulus  to upload/copy its files to the same location.

Offline n8bmb

• N8BMB
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
Don't think you can run Joomla! locally - so my answer would have to be no, it is on the server.  But you would think it should work.  Tried installing the template through Joomla! and got an error, so apparently there is a file missing that would tell Joomla! how to install this template.

But, then again, when it comes to Joomla!, I am still pretty stupid.  :-[

Offline uncle_bob

• Conder Weather, Canberra
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »
Don't think you can run Joomla! locally - so my answer would have to be no, it is on the server.  But you would think it should work.  Tried installing the template through Joomla! and got an error, so apparently there is a file missing that would tell Joomla! how to install this template.

It appears you can install Joomla locally. Anyhow forget using Joomla and just try uploading the files directly into a folder on the webserver (possibly called weather :) )