Author Topic: pywws icons missing  (Read 3654 times)

Offline AcmeUK

• none
pywws icons missing
« on: October 11, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
HI

I have just joined the group and downloaded the pywws_Weather_Nature template.

I have loaded it onto my web server. When I go to the index page I get this error:-

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access data/forecast_icon_9am.txt in /****************/ws/index.php on line 64

When I examine the data folder in the template file I find that it is empty. Where are the icons?

Thanks

p.s. When creating this message I could not get the Preview to work!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:14:54 AM by AcmeUK »

Offline AcmeUK

• none
Re: pywws icons missing
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
OK

Found it. It is in the text folder!

Have copied it to the data folder, now working.

Thanks

Offline jimicek

• JiM's page
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »
Hi,
pywws should upload the forecast_icon_9am.txt file every time it is created to the /data folder (according to the [FTP] settings in weather.ini) - same as other .txt and .png files created dynamically.
Cheers,
Jimicek

Offline AcmeUK

• none
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »
Hi Jimicek
pywws should upload the forecast_icon_9am.txt file every time it is created to the /data folder....

Thanks for your response. I had come to the conclusion that the file must be uploaded by pywws.

What I was doing was getting my web page ready to receive the data from pywws. As a retired IT engineer I try to break tasks down into a sequence of logical steps. Hence I hit this problem.

My next step is to transfer what I assume is dummy data from pywws to the web site.

I have transferred the content of the pywws text folder to the website data folder. Now pondering where to put the contents of the pywws plot folder. Tried putting it in both the images and data folders but no joy. I will have to look in the php code to look for clues.

BillP

Offline Mr.Meteo

• Administrator
    • http://www.meteostours.ca
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:52 AM »
Hi Bill,

If you are in search of "how it's working", I could tell you that:

pywws is working with 2 different directory; plot for graphs and text for data tables.
Then to respect that, input files to be processed are in these directories on your Pc.

But when we work on a website, often we have to look at the files to see "what's wrong"
and for that we bring back these files to Pc. Then to avoid replacement of source files
by processed files I've thinked to use instead a "data" folder to protect work done
in source files to customize it.

I hope this will help you!

Regards,
Jacques
Please, consider supporting this site 

Offline jimicek

• JiM's page
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
Hi Bill,
if the pywws scripts are running correctly, try to execute the Hourly.py script (using the correct syntax). When it proceeds without error, and still no data appears in the web/data directory (ar whatever the path is), check the settings in weather.ini - there is the key to all pywws settings. All .txt and .png.xml templates are modified according to the settings and acquired data, and the ready-to display data are uploaded to the web/data folder, again based on the weather.ini settings (even if no FTP transfer is used, you have to set this section and use local path there).
Maybe remanming forecast_icon.txt to forecast_icon_9am.txt in weather.ini is also needed
Regards,
Jimicek