Author Topic: advice please  (Read 2464 times)

Offline peter wood

advice please
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
Hi
        i am new to this type of thing i have managed to get a page on web via cumulus as a test, as we have not yet purchaced a weather station as yet will be getting a davis vantage vue in two months, this looks a bit more difficult has someone produced a guide to install this lovely template that a begineer can easy follow?  congratulations on the template.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Mr.Meteo

• Administrator
    • http://www.meteostours.ca
Re: advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the wonderful world of amateur weather broadcasting.
I see that you want to spend a lot to be a "semi-pro" site. First, take time to choose
the right station for you. Davis is a kind of "Mercedès" station, but a little IKEA mix too
in the way that you have to choose the station "base", and all options you want to use.

Davis basic kit doesn't include any connections at all. You have to choose at first
if you want your console to be connected to a Pc or directly over the Internet. As I only have
a cheap 99$ station I'm not really up to date on Davis options, then take time to gather informations
you need as Davis have many options and many of them are planned to be used with Davis
optional software ($$$) only.

Then if your final purchase is compatible with "other-than-Davis" software, you could go with
standar Cumulus installation with it's included template; installation is straight thru.
All my templates could be easily installed over Cumulus template.

You could see my English site (Weather by You!) for further infos on other templates available
at that link : http://weatherbyyou.com/templates.php.

But first things first... you have to buy a weather Station before enjoy Cumulus easy and powerful software!

Hope you a lot of fun!

Jacques
Please, consider supporting this site 

Offline peter wood

Re: advice please
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Hi
        thanks for the reply, i am new to this i have been working on the about/information page and have managed to get the google map working showing my location but i have some google text showing below the map as below.
 href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=Fleetwood&aq=0&oq=fleetwood+&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.701106,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Fleetwood,+Lancashire,+United+Kingdom&t=m&ll=53.917281,-3.03772&spn=0.970574,1.647949&z=8&iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View
i have been editing by copying the file from the mdq infos.html onto desktop using notepad, when you double click the file opens in internet explorer and the above happens and the text shows. could you please advise me on whats wrong?

thanks