Author Topic: thismonth_txt.php  (Read 2258 times)

Offline joew

• TigerDenWX
thismonth_txt.php
« on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
Hi Y'all,

In the "Weather Blues" template I noticed on that when we turned into September that my thismonth.php overflowed it page causing a not so pretty output. What I did to correct this issue was to modify the file thismonth_txt.php the following lines:

Code: [Select]
<?php
$tpl_version 
"1.1";
if (isset(
$_GET['ver'])) {
  echo 
$tpl_version;
  exit;
}
?>

<!-- WEATHER DATA BEGIN -->
<table width="625"  border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary="Observations for this month">
<col width="325" />
<col width="140" />
<tr>

To:

Code: [Select]
<?php
$tpl_version 
"1.1";
if (isset(
$_GET['ver'])) {
  echo 
$tpl_version;
  exit;
}
?>

<!-- WEATHER DATA BEGIN -->
<table width="625"  border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary="Observations for this month">
<col width="300" />
<col width="140" />
<tr>

Changing the "col width" on line 10 from 325 to 300. This fixed the problem with displaying this month's data, but if anyone has a better fix please let me know. As this modifies a "xxxx_txt.php" file I would like to get any fix incorporated into the "Official" template file so that when a new version comes out that problem would be taken care of.

Regards,
Joe
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:51:41 AM by joew »

Offline avoorpool

• http://pickeringweather.ca
Re: thismonth_txt.php
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
Hey Joe,

Although I'm not running Weather Blues v2 (started wuth V1 3 month ago, and it has grown too fast to suddenly switch) I've come accross the same problem (especially now, since "September" is a bit longer than "May"  :)
I've changed all of my "Record", This Month" This Year etc files to Col Width of 280 / 110 to be on the "safe side".
Now there is no overflow of the Seperator bar.
I'm not sure how the WebMaster will handle this for futue upgrades of WB v2.

Cheers,

Arthur

Offline avoorpool

• http://pickeringweather.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:54 AM »
HI Joe,

Me again  :)
I noticed that the "time stamp" on your page between [today]  and [yesterday] is shifting as well (in other words there is probably a difference in the 'col width' setting here).
Besides this, your [record] page shows the results, but not the day/date when the actual record was measured/recorded  ???

Cheers,

Arthur

Offline joew

• TigerDenWX
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:59:12 AM »
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the feedback :) ! It's really appreciated.

I concur with your observations :o and will be investigating the issues you pointed out.

By the way I really like your web site  ;D and really think a lot of things you've added are really cool 8) ! It gives me some ideas of some things I would like to add to my site once I clean up some things with the current setup.

Regards,

Joe

Offline joew

• TigerDenWX
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
I'm not sure, but I found a solution for my records page not showing when a record occurred. In records_txt.php all of the variables in the last column had a "F" at the end. When I took the "F" out the dates appeared, but here's the rub and probably we will need some clarification from Jacques.

I remembered a while back that in the "Templates and Projects discussion" that CrasHBones in "WeatherBlues v2 - backlog" discussed this issue and the answer seemed to revolve around that the "F" was for formatting purposes. So now I'm confused???

Could the issue be that the "F" was not used in the "Records Section" of the wt_data_inc.php file as it was in the "Monthly" and "Year" sections???

Regards,
Joe
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:50:47 PM by joew »