Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Php templates / Re: New Moon Phase Images for WB2_2b
« Last post by Andy9164 on July 31, 2020, 04:28:25 AM »
Hi Steve,
I see you have the new nightsky page uploaded but it does not appear to be picking up the new styles.css file I sent. When I look at styles.css file in use for the page it doesnt have the new div's / classes I created, so its not been formatted correctly.

Andy
« Last post by Andy9164 on July 30, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »
Hi Steve,
OK, try the attached styles.css and nightsky.php. Please make sure you copy or rename your old files just in case...

I gave you some bad code last night, apologies, there was an extra " in one of the lines. Always amazes me how a missing ; or " or ) really messes things up. As for the changes here I decided to "draw a line" as they say under where the RH and LH columns finished and started again, I just found it easier rather than trying to muddle my way through it. I hope this is what you were looking for.

As for using Cumulus MX, take a look at my site, particularly the gauges and trends sections which I think are much better than Cumulus 1. I have a WB_2 version available, and we can incorporate your new pages. I will PM you with an "offer".

My site is at http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/weather

You now have me looking at adding these "astronomy" sections to my site as well.

Let me know how you get on. Look forward to visiting your site and seeing it in action.

If there is anything else, just ask.

Have fun.

Andy
« Last post by Steve Bannister on July 30, 2020, 05:31:46 AM »
Hi Andy,

No problem, I'll attach it here as well as pan_long which is the template for these panels.

I appreciate you taking a look, but there's honestly no rush.

Thanks, Andy.

Steve
« Last post by Andy9164 on July 30, 2020, 03:01:23 AM »
Hi Steve,
Have the files so will take a look. Will be after work as have a busy day lined up today.

Can you also send the image pan_nightlong.png. It seems to have disappeared from the site and I cant download it.

Thanks
Andy
« Last post by Steve Bannister on July 29, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »
Hi Andy,

No, the H2 isn't sorted, it still appears more centred and higher above the underline than the other panels. Which is odd, as it was in the correct place earlier.

I've added your bottom row code, using the Earth/Moon panel for all three just to test it. I can change the content later. They all appear in a column, though, not as a row. Do I not need a couple of ';'s somewhere? I remember writing in BASIC when I was at school, and copying code out of magazines and typing it into my VIC20. Me and my friend used to take in turns to read and type. We used to call the semi-colon "stay-where-it-is". He had a Tandy TRS-80, which was far better than mine!

The Wind and Night Sky pages are in the header menu now, so should be clickable.

I'll send you the PHP file. It might be easier to see where I've gone wrong on there, rather than Inspecting the page. I know that doesn't always show everything.

Thanks for your comment on the Beaufort images. Some of them are quite funny, I've attached them if you want to have a look.

Thanks again, Andy, I really appreciate all of this help.
« Last post by Andy9164 on July 29, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
Hi Steve,
Looks like you got the h2 and underline issue sorted, One thing I noticed is that you dont appear to have a class .pannightlong defined in your css, the one I suggested earlier. I can only see pan and nightlong. When I look at the div for pannightlong it takes up the whole right hand section and is 270 x 915. Dont know if you changed the css and forgot to upload it.

As for putting three across the bottom, I agree. I would stop after the forecast and then add a "blank div" right across the screen to give a bit of spacing You can adjust the size later <div style="height:30px; width: 100%;"></div>

Then create a new div called "row" and specify the width (100%) and the height. I would use the same height as pannightlong - which should be adjusted depending on the size of the new backroung image you will be using. It was 395px.

You can use pannightlong again here for the 3 different boxes so your code should look something like

<div id = "row" style="height: 395px; width: "100%">
<div class="pannightlong">
Enter the contents of the div
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div> This will end the div "row"

You may need to adjust the padding to get them even but that should work, hopefully

BTW, love the Beaufort section, very informatve.

Andy

« Last post by Steve Bannister on July 29, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
Of course, after all of this, the next challenge is to have 3 panels across the bottom instead of just the Earth/Moon one. I'm assuming it'll be easier to stop after the Forcast panel, and have the three as a 'Bottom row' instead of leaving the current Earth/Moon one in the Right Margin. Am I correct?

I've attached a mock-up to give you an idea. The other two will have planetary data, rise and set times, etc.
« Last post by Steve Bannister on July 29, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »
Ok, still working on the Night Sky page.

Just got the padding correct, so the image is in the panel.

Still working on the H2 and underline problem, though.

http://www.eatonbrayweather.co.uk/nightsky.php

This is what I have for line 145 to 150;

<h2> <p style="text-align:left"> Earth & Moon Phase </p></h2>
                  <p style="padding: 30px 0px 0px 0px" >
                  <script src="https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/earth-moon/embed.js"></script><noscript><a href="https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/earth-moon/">Earth and Moon Phase embed</a></noscript>
                  <p style="text-align:center">Phase : <strong><?php echo $moonphase; ?></strong><br />
                  <?php echo $Tr_MoonPercent; ?> <strong><?php echo $MoonPercentAbs; ?>%</strong></p>
« Last post by Steve Bannister on July 29, 2020, 01:54:13 PM »
Thanks, Andy.

I knew that it had to be either a div or a br error. I thought I'd counted them all compared to the Index page that I copied, but I must have missed that one. Thanks for finding it, it looks great now.

As for the pan_nightlong, I just can't get that to work properly. I've have to redo the nightlong image as the blue spacing at the top and bottom of the panel were different and didn't allow for the text.

Now, the title, Earth & Moon Phase, is not to the left as the others and the underline is off. Grr. It should be the same as all of the others.

Sent to try us, eh? Haha

« Last post by Andy9164 on July 29, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
Alternatively change the class .nightlong as follows and then keep the html as it is.

I tested it, see attached image.

.nightlong {
    background: url(style/pan_nightlong.png) 0px 0px no-repeat;
    width: 220px;
    height: 395px;
    padding: 0px 20px 0px 30px;
}

Andy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10