Templates and Projects support > Modules

Astronomy Script

(1/3) > >>

avoorpool:
Hi Jacques,

As you might have seen on my website, after an initial 'simple' Moon Page I've now a 'template' for other planets in our Solar System (Sun, Earth, Moon and Mars) with 'generic' information about these planets.
A great addition to it would be the 'Astronomy-Page' as offered with the 'wxastronomy.php' script, offered by Saratoga. (See attachment)

Since I'm running numerous Saratoga scripts successfully on my website (UV Forecast, Quake Canada, EC Forecast etc) I'm wondering if you have any experience with this script to have it run??  ???

I've downloaed the 'World.zip' version from Saratoga which includes the 'wxastronomy.php', 'Settings.php' and 'commion.php' scripts.

Please let me know if you have worked with these sscripts, and if there is a chance to implement it in Weather Blues like all other php scripts.

Thanks,

Arthur

avoorpool:
Hi Jacques,

In addition to previous message, I've found a nice website ('Your Sky') with good information (+ add-ins) for an Astronomy Page.
Although I haven't figured out how to implement the Saratoga Script, at least there is a beginning with great images of our Night Sky above Pickering (when it's not so cloudy as it is today  :(
Page Located under 'Astronomy-tab' on Main Index and Site Map pages.

Cheers,

Arthur

Mr.Meteo:
Hi Arthur,

No, I haven't played with this script. Time is short to do that kind of refinment for now!
But, yes, I plan to take advantage of Ken's long experience (and work) on Cumulus
customization!

There is so much to play with on Ken's site that I'll have to plan a whole year!!!  ;)

Regards,
Jacques

saratogaWX:
I've de-templated my wxastronomy.php page to a bare minimum and sent Jacques a PM with details on how to use it (and permission to freely incorporate it in his template set(s)).

Raw demo of the page contents: http://saratoga-weather.org/astronomy/astronomy.php

The page uses the US Naval Observatory data for Sun/Moon and Season info so it is independent of weather station software used :)

Mr.Meteo:
Hi Ken!

Your so kind!

If I go around sometime... I'll have to pay you a big (beer) mug!!!  ;D

A lot of thanks,

Warm regards,
Jacques

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version